Improving Business in the Wilmington Region
COVID-19 Pertinent Information and Business Recovery Resources
January 6, 2021
- Governor Cooper extended North Carolina’s Modified Stay At Home Order that requires people to be at home from 10 p.m.-5 a.m. to last through at least Friday, January 29.
- NCDHHS issued a Secretarial Directive telling North Carolinians to stay home except for essential activities and avoid gathering, especially indoors, with people who do not live with you. The directive comes as the state reports 84 counties as red in the COVID-19 County Alert System released today, meaning most of the state has critical levels of viral spread. North Carolina also has experienced record high numbers on key metrics in recent weeks, including its highest number since the start of the pandemic of cases reported each day, the percent of tests that are positive and people hospitalized with COVID-19.
|Executive Order||Summary||More Information|
|Executive Order 181
|Executive Order 180
|Executive Order 176
|Executive Order 169
|Executive Order 153
For an all inclusive State Resource page
New Hanover County, visit Health.NHCgov.com/Coronavirus, or call the Public Health Coronavirus Call Center at 910-798-6800, and follow the county’s trusted social media pages: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Nextdoor.
Golden Leaf and the NC Rural Center have just introduced a new loan program called
The new product is a rapid recovery loan that is designed to provide businesses with the capital they need before federal loans and insurance payouts are approved. The SBA process is an 8-21 day process. The process for this program is expected to be completed in 4 days (if all the info is provided). These are 0% interest loans for the first 6 months, so they will be a great bridge option before the federal funds come in.
There is a very easy online application process that starts here.
SBA’s COVID-19 ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOAN APPLICATION is available here.
Click here for a list of the documents your business will need when applying.
Many small businesses have experienced significant disruptions and providing clear, relevant information to help support their business decisions at this time is critical. Click here to review detailed resources available through the CARES act for small businesses provided by the US Chamber of Commerce.
Below is an evolving list of resources to help business and industry navigate through this challenging time.
- Summary of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Summary of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- How to Apply for an SBA Loan
- Webinar Overview of the CARES Act
- CARES/Paycheck Protection
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Q&A
Business and Industry Resources
- Economic Development Partnership of NC (EDPNC)
- Download EDPNC’s COVID-19 Business Relief Resources Guide
- NC COVID-19 Response(information from across state government)
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- NC Chamber
- NC Golden Leaf Foundation
- NC Small Business and Technology Development Center
- NC Department of Commerce
- NC Economic Development Association
- NC Biotech Center
- North Carolina Business Military Center
- North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- National Association of Manufacturers COVID-19 Resources
- NC Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Response
- NC Rapid Recovery
- NCRLA / Hospitality Industry Resource Page
- SBTDC Navigating Your Business Through COVID-19
- UNC School of Government: Monitoring COVID-19