Improving Business in the Wilmington Region
COVID-19 Pertinent Information and Business Recovery Resources
North Carolina is taking a multi-phased approach – based on data from testing, tracing and trends and in consultation with members of the business community – to restrictions to slow the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic and save lives. Learn more below about restrictions currently in place.
The table below provides a general summary of restrictions imposed under recent executive orders as well as frequently asked questions and relevant guidance from the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services. Additional guidance is also available.
- Under Executive Order 195 , North Carolina remains under restrictions, some of which have been cautiously lifted under the state’s phased “dimmer switch” approach, as outlined in the table below, until at least 5 p.m. March 26, 2021.
- Executive Order 183 (extended under Executive Order 190) is in effect until at least March 31, 2021.
|Executive Order||Summary||More Information|
|Executive Order 195||
|Executive Order 183
Extended under Executive Order 190
For an all inclusive State Resource page
New Hanover County, visit Health.NHCgov.com/Coronavirus, or call the Public Health Coronavirus Call Center at 910-798-6800, and follow the county’s trusted social media pages: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Nextdoor.
Golden Leaf and the NC Rural Center have just introduced a new loan program called
The new product is a rapid recovery loan that is designed to provide businesses with the capital they need before federal loans and insurance payouts are approved. The SBA process is an 8-21 day process. The process for this program is expected to be completed in 4 days (if all the info is provided). These are 0% interest loans for the first 6 months, so they will be a great bridge option before the federal funds come in.
There is a very easy online application process that starts here.
SBA’s COVID-19 ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOAN APPLICATION is available here.
Click here for a list of the documents your business will need when applying.
Many small businesses have experienced significant disruptions and providing clear, relevant information to help support their business decisions at this time is critical. Click here to review detailed resources available through the CARES act for small businesses provided by the US Chamber of Commerce.
Below is an evolving list of resources to help business and industry navigate through this challenging time.
Employment Resources and Money-Savings Tips for Workers Impacted by COVID-19
- Summary of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Summary of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- How to Apply for an SBA Loan
- Webinar Overview of the CARES Act
- CARES/Paycheck Protection
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Q&A
Business and Industry Resources
- Economic Development Partnership of NC (EDPNC)
- Download EDPNC’s COVID-19 Business Relief Resources Guide
- NC COVID-19 Response(information from across state government)
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- NC Chamber
- NC Golden Leaf Foundation
- NC Small Business and Technology Development Center
- NC Department of Commerce
- NC Economic Development Association
- NC Biotech Center
- North Carolina Business Military Center
- North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- National Association of Manufacturers COVID-19 Resources
- NC Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Response
- NC Rapid Recovery
- NCRLA / Hospitality Industry Resource Page
- SBTDC Navigating Your Business Through COVID-19
- UNC School of Government: Monitoring COVID-19